S.J. Abed General Enterprises Ltd is committed to take all necessary preventive measures to control the possible hazards of glass in the products by means of
- No one is allowed to carry any glass or glass embedded materials inside the Processing area
- Operations staff will use only Plastic wares to draw the samples from the Processing area
- No Glass thermometers are allowed inside the Processing area
- No one is allowed wearing spectacles, which are made up of glasses inside processing area
- Light fixtures over product storage are covered with PV sheet
- All windows and doors of processing area are made up of non-glass materials such as PV sheets
In the unlikely event of any glass breaking following procedure must immediately take place.
- All work within the immediate area where the glass breakage occurred must stop.
- All glass will be disposed in dedicated bins in a safe way avoiding chances of contamination.
- An investigation must take place to ascertain where the glass came from and steps must be taken to ensure that it does not reoccur.
- All food stuffs within the affected area must be disposed of keeping in mind that slivers of glass can travel long distances.
- Do not take chances – dispose of any food items that could have been contaminated with broken glass.
- Any food container stored within the affected area will have to be rewashed
- Only after thorough inspection by the section head which will include recording the incident on a Glass breakage report, can food production be restarted.